December 28, 2017
Office of the City Clerk
200 N. Spring Street
City Hall - Room 360
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Referring to: CAO File No. 0220-05291-0048; Council File No. 17-0290; LAPD/LAFD Radio Lease/Purchase
To whom it may concern:
Dailey-Wells Communications, Inc. (DWC) is a local, long-time Contractor in the region for Public Safety Radio Communications equipment and services. We designed, engineered, installed and maintain several critical communications systems in the Los Angeles region, including the City of Los Angeles STRS Radio System, the County of Los Angeles CWIRS Radio System, USC Department of Public Safety Radio System and the Port of LA’s Port Security Radio System. Our Western Area Regional Office is located at 4880 E. Valley Blvd., Los Angeles, CA, and is positioned within the jurisdictional boundaries of both the City and County of Los Angeles.
DWC hereby requests the disclosure of specified information in accordance with the California Public Records Request Act (PRA) and the City’s Policy and Procedures regarding PRA requests. Specifically, our firm is requesting bid information associated with the referenced Lease Procurement of Radios for the Los Angeles Police Department and Los Angeles Fire Department. The following is requested:
LAPD/LAFD Radio Lease/Purchase stemming from the referenced CAO Report:
- Responding Company name(s)
- Line Item bid amounts in US dollars for LAPD Portable Radios
- Line Item bid amounts in US dollars for LAPD Mobile Radios
- Line Item bid amounts in US dollars for LAFD Portable Radios
- Pricing Sheets submitted by Motorola Solutions
- Proposals and Proposal documents submitted by Motorola Solutions
- City’s side-by-side pricing comparisons for Vendors submitting pricing
- Vendor evaluation criteria and comparison documents
- Best and Final Offers (proposals/documents) submitted by both vendors as noted in the CAO Repot
- Any and all other supporting pricing and evaluation documentation related to and leading to the Lease Agreement to purchase radios.
In exercising our statutory and constitutional right to access this information, DWC requests the District engage a reasonable, expeditious and good faith effort to identify, locate and/or uncover records responsive to this request.
DWC is cognizant the District is allowed to charge a reasonable fee for the cost of hard copies provided and we agree to such fees, as may be imposed. Nevertheless, where possible, information and documents requested should be in electronic format.
Dailey-Wells Communications, Inc.
cc: Sharee Varelas (Corporate Counsel, DWC)
Haidar Hijazi (Vice President, DWC)