Request #17-31

1.  Debris Recycle Reports for the Sixth Street Viaduct Seismic Improvement Project. Time Period, 10-1-2016 thru 11-30-2017.

 Even if records were generated by a non-public source outside of the Department of Engineering, a public agency’s use of such records make the documents public records (San Gabriel Tribune v. Superior Court (1983) 143 Cal. App. 3d 762, 778).  Government Code §6253( c) requires a public agency to produce copies of public records that are in the “possession of the agency,” unless there is an express exemption from the PRA.  “Possession” of a public record by the agency is a distinct concept from whether a record is a public record (Regents of the Univ. of Calif. v. Superior Ct. (2013) 222 Cal. App. 4th 383, 401).  “Possession" means “both actual and constructive possession,” as “an agency has constructive possession of records if it has the right to control the records, either directly or through another person.”(Consolidated Irrigation Dist. v. Superior Ct. (2012) 205 Cal. App. 4th 697, 710).

I do not believe there is any basis to withhold the foregoing public records.  However, if you do, please identify each requested public record that you withhold and state with particularity and separately for each public record the PRA exemption pursuant to which you are withholding it or redacting any of it. If and when you have determined that there is a cost chargeable for these public records, please promptly email me and I will forthwith pay such charges.


December 27, 2017 via web


City Clerk





Point of Contact

Clerk CPRA Coordinator

Request Closed   Hide Public

As of this date, our office has determined that the Office of the City Clerk is not in possession of any documents or information relating to your request.  Please be advised that this response does not include any records that may be in the custody of other City departments.  Each department in the City of Los Angeles maintains and is responsible for their own records. This request with the Office of the City Clerk is considered closed.

For all other city department’s records please go to their respective webpage and contact them directly or please contact 311 Call Center at 213-473-3231.

You may wish to contact the Board of Public Works at (213) 978-0261 or visit their website at or the Bureau of Engineering at (213) 485-4735 or visit their website at

December 27, 2017, 4:06pm
Department Assignment Public
City Clerk
December 27, 2017, 4:03pm
Request Opened Public
Request received via web
December 27, 2017, 4:03pm